Thursday, March 3, 2011

So last night I ended up at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Some say they make the best burger in town. They are known for having a large selection of toppings and fresh cut fries fried in peanut oil. I ordered a half pound burger with bacon (makes everything better), mushrooms, grilled onions, and mustard. The result is pictured above.

The burger was well built. It didn't fall apart in my hands even though it was such a large burger. I was impressed by that. The earthy note from the mushrooms complemented the savory bacon and onions but none of the toppings overpowered the flavor of the hamburger meat. The texture was consistent throughout. I ate a little too fast and burned my tongue when I got to the center. I give this burger 4.5 out of 5. I will eat here again.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you say you "ended up at 5 guys"

    as if it were by chance or no choice of your own, the universe just whisked you away to 5 guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Institute (where I passed out) and when I came to, I was in Burger Heaven!

    ReplyDelete